Estate, Trust and Will Conflicts:
Fiduciary litigation, arising out of conflicts between and among trustees, executors, beneficiaries, guardians, partners, agents (powers of attorney) and corporations has become increasingly common in the past few years in the San Antonio area.
Langley & Banack estate, trust and fiduciary litigators have the skills and expertise to handle most forms of estate and trust disputes. Langley & Banack also has substantial experience and expertise in litigation involving efforts by creditors to set aside transfers of property pursuant to the implementation of estate plans.
Fiduciary Relationships by Law:
The law defines certain fiduciary relationships very clearly. The following are common fiduciary relationships defined within law:
- Employees towards their employers
- Lawyers/Attorneys with their clients
- Brokers with their customers
- Agents with their principals
- Trustees to beneficiaries of estates
- Condominium Board Members or Officers
- Construction Industry Fiduciaries
- Corporate Officers and Directors
- ERISA Fiduciaries
- Power of Attorney
- Real Estate Brokers/Agents
- Corporate and Non-Corporate Receivers
- Business Partners (Reciprocal)
- Joint Venturers (Reciprocal)
- Spouses (Reciprocal)
Joyce W. Moore was named as one of the Top 5 “Go-To” attorneys in Texas by Texas Monthly magazine in 2002 in this field. She has been involved in some of the largest trust and estate cases in the State of Texas and is a frequent lecturer at advanced state and local Bar Association seminars relating to estate, trust and fiduciary litigation. She is consistently named a Best Lawyer in America by Woodward and White (2001-2016 and Lawyer of the Year for San Antonio in 2012 and 2016) and a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2003-2016) in the Estate and Trust Litigation category.
Chris Hodge has 10 years of experience handling complicated estate, trust and fiduciary litigation matters. In 2008 and 2009, Mr. Hodge was selected by his peers as a San Antonio Rising Star in SA Scene magazine. He was selected as a Best Lawyer in San Antonio in SA Scene in 2014 and 2015. In 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Mr. Hodge was named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuter’s Texas Super Lawyers in either Trust and Estate Litigation or General Civil Litigation.
Our Fiduciary Litigation Trial Experience Includes:
- Defending estate plans
- Pursuing claims by and against entities formed pursuant to estate planning
- Will contests/Trust contests
- Suits involving executors and heirs and guardians and wards
- Suits involving trustees/beneficiaries
- Suits by or between partners
- Shareholder actions
- Claims by or against brokers and other professional agents
- Suits by or against agents under a power of attorney