About Linda S. McDonald
During her many years of practice, Linda has helped clients faced with a wide range of lawsuits, claims, and risk management dilemmas throughout Texas.
Linda has represented clients in lawsuits involving commercial litigation, construction litigation, trust and probate litigation, professional negligence and insurance coverage. Equally important, she uses her experience to help clients improve their business and risk management procedures.
For much of her career Linda has served in leadership roles to advance her clients’ interests throughout Texas. She has served on the Litigation Council of the State Bar of Texas since 2002. She participates and organizes various CLE seminars, lectures and debates for the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar. She has served as Co-Director of the Advanced Civil Trial Seminar and the Advanced Personal Injury Seminar and has been a director and lecturer at the Annual Litigation Update Seminars and the Advanced Evidence and Discovery Seminars.
Linda is a member and past president of the American Board of Trial Advocates- San Antonio Chapter, and a member of the Litigation Council of America. She is a member of the Texas Association of Defense Attorneys (TADC) and has co-chaired the TADC’s Trial Academy.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1979
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. with honors, 1975
- State of Texas, 1979
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas, 1981
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1990
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1990
- Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward and White, Commercial Litigation, 2009
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio, published by SA Scene magazine, 2004 – 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- President, San Antonio Chapter, 2001
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 1990 – present
- Litigation Council of the State Bar of Texas, 2002 – present
- Treasurer, 2007 – 2008
- Secretary, 2008 – 2009
- Vice Chair, 2009 – 2010
- Chair-Elect, 2010 – 2011
- Chair, 2011 – 2012
- Immediate Past Chair, 2012 – 2013
- Texas Association of Defense Attorneys (TADC)
- Litigation Council of America, 2008 – present
- San Antonio Bar Association