About Heriberto Morales, Jr.
Eddie has a general practice with a focus on municipal law and civil defense litigation. He is in charge of the Eagle Pass branch office. The office has a diverse practice with Eddie and the rest of the L&B team handling general probate, family and real estate law, commercial litigation, small business contractual law and transactional work. Eddie’s practice is focused mainly in the state district court system throughout south central Texas. Mr. Morales serves as general counsel and provides legal advice to local and regional governmental entities in Maverick County and the surrounding communities. Having been raised and bred in Eagle Pass, Eddie has had the opportunity to serve and assist out-of-town legal counsel and their respective companies by serving as local counsel for the defense on numerous occasions in the south-central counties surrounding Eagle Pass. The invaluable experience and knowledge brought by Eddie to the table has equalized the playing field for attorneys and companies unfamiliar with the South Texas court system. In short, Eddie has become the go-to lawyer for local counsel work in Maverick County and the surrounding communities.
St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1997
- The State of Texas, 2000
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Maverick County Bar Association, President, 2013-present
- Leadership Eagle Pass, Past President and Member
- City of Eagle Pass, Prosecutor
- Maverick County, Special Legal Counsel
- Society of Legal Entrepreneurs, President
- Eagle Pass Library Foundation, Member, Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- St. Mary’s Law Alumni Association, Board Member
Cases & Publications
- El Indio Water Supply Corporation vs. Edward Salinas
- Jose “Pepe” Aranda, et al. vs. The Commissioners’ Court of Maverick County, Texas
- Maria De Los Angeles Guadalajara, et al. vs. Juan Diego Canavacholo, Jr., et al., (Buyers Products)
- Damacio Sandoval, et al. vs. Fontaine International, Inc., et al.
- City of Eagle Pass
- City of Brackettville
- Fort Clark Springs Association
- County of Maverick
- Eagle Pass Housing Authority
- George Phillips, et al. vs. O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., et al.
- Eagle Pass Water Works, General Counsel
Eddie is the proud father of three children, Kassandra, Alexandra and Heriberto, III. He is active in their upbringing and regularly serves or assists as coach on their sport activities. Having come from a family heavily involved in the food service field in Eagle Pass, Eddie enjoys visiting new restaurants and locales for the fine dining experiences. He enjoys traveling and is always looking for a new adventure or challenge.