About John W. Petry
John W. Petry, formerly of Petry & Petry (founded in 1939), joined Langley & Banack in 2000. Mr. Petry has been practicing in South Texas since 1970 and his areas of practice include oil & gas, real estate, general business, banking, and arbitration and mediation. He primarily serves land and mineral owners in complex contests and the oil and oil & gas field service industries. Mr. Petry, along with Mr. Linnartz and Mr. Boyle, has been practicing in counties from Brownsville to Terrell County and from West Texas to the Valley for over 20 years. His experience practicing in both San Antonio and South Texas enables him to utilize all of the Firm’s resources to advocate for his clients. Mr. Petry, along with the other Carrizo Springs attorneys, is familiar with the courts in over 15 counties and regularly appears before the State Courts in the Western and Southern Districts of Texas. Mr. Petry became a certified mediator in 1998 and is as an Ad Litem in Guardianship law. Mr. Petry serves on the Firm’s management committee and is the partner-in-charge of the Firm’s Carrizo Springs, Eagle Pass and Karnes City offices.
- Who’s Who in Energy- San Antonio Business Journal, 2012
- Man of the Year- Dimmit County
- Ambassador of Goodwill, Lions International, 1983
- Lion International, District Governor, 1982 – 1983
- U.S. Army, Lt., 1967 – 1974
- Union State Bank, Director, 1977 – 2006
- City of Carrizo Springs, City Councilman, 1974 – 1978
- Dimmit County Bar Association, President, 1973 – 1986
- Maverick County Bar Association
- First State Bank of Uvalde, Advisory Director, 2007 – Present
- State Bar of Texas, District Grievance Committee (2 terms)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Mr. Petry has been married to the Former Jill Little for 37 years. They have two children, Jana and Jodi, and five grandchildren. Mr. Petry is a member of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church of Carrizo Springs, where he has been a Senior Warden since 1980. Mr. Petry also enjoys golf, hunting, and traveling.