Shareholder and Estate, Trust and Probate practice group chair, Chris Hodge, was named Chair of the Fiduciary Litigation Committee of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust (REPTL) section of the State Bar of Texas.
The Fiduciary Litigation Committee:
- Monitors legislative developments affecting fiduciary litigation in Texas.
- Investigates problems with the Texas Estates Code, Texas Trust Code and requests by Section members for legislative changes, as they relate to fiduciary litigation in Texas.
- Develops legislative proposals affecting fiduciary litigation for consideration by the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council.
- Works with other groups interested in fiduciary litigation legislation.
- Provides resource information to the Legislature about how proposed legislation may affect fiduciary litigation.
- Reports to the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council, including recommendations for legislative action.
- Performs such other tasks as may be assigned to it by the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council or its Chair.