About Mark E. Macias
Mr. Macias is a shareholder in the San Antonio office of Langley & Banack, Inc. He has a litigation practice focused on representing individuals and companies in State court proceedings. He practices in the area of general civil trial law with a focus on all areas of insurance defense litigation, including personal and commercial injury defense and first party cases. In his practice, Mr. Macias handles disputes involving breach of contract, business torts, deceptive trade practice, negligence claims, construction defects, and personal injury. In addition to his trial practice, he is a mediator. Fluent in Spanish, Mr. Macias has conducted many mediations on behalf of his clients addressing adverse parties in Spanish and has even tried one case in the Valley in Spanish.
As part of his many volunteer efforts Mr. Macias enjoys giving back to his home town. He actively participates in various areas of the community. He serves as a mentor for current undergraduates at his alma mater, Trinity University, in its 1869 Scholars Program. He also serves as a mentor for current high school students at his other alma mater, Memorial High School. He volunteers throughout the year at the San Antonio Food Bank. He has previously been named as the Westside YMCA’s Volunteer of the Year, as well as recognized for his services with the Archdiocesan Legal Services Clinic. Mr. Macias is a speaker at a variety of functions, but most enjoys speaking to students from the Edgewood Independent School District about the importance of education.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Texas School of Law, Visiting Student, Fall 1994
- Centro Interamericano de Estudios de Seguridad Social, University of Houston Law Center, Summer 1993
- Trinity University, B.A., 1992
- University College Cork, Visiting Student, Fall 1991
- State of Texas, 1995
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2021
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
Cases & Publications
Lead Author for Presentations:
- Basic Rules of Civil Procedure: A to Z, Titan/Victoria Ins. Co., December, 2006
- Property Damages: The Basics from A to Z, Nationwide Ins. Co., January, 2008
- Texas Law: Auto Accidents, Negligence & Beyond, Allied Ins. Co., February, 2008
- Medicare Secondary Payer Statute: Be Afraid, Nationwide Ins. Co., April, 2009
- Haygood v. Escabedo: An Adjuster’s Guide, Titan/Victoria Ins. Co., August, 2011
- How to Try a Lawsuit, Defense View, Symposium of Medical Experts, 2013
- How to Succeed at Mediation, San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Opening and Closing Statements, Houston and Dallas, 2018
Fluent in Spanish.