About J. Patrick Rouse
Patrick Rouse is a Shareholder in the Real Estate and Corporate Law sections of Langley & Banack. Mr. Rouse’s real estate experience includes representation of both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases and involvement with the purchase and sale of commercial property, including farms and ranches. He also has significant experience in asset-based and mortgage lending transactions, including the representation of state banks. Mr. Rouse’s corporate practice focuses on all aspects of a business from entity formation through termination and dissolution. As part of his corporate practice, Mr. Rouse assists clients in their operations including the drafting and negotiation of various contracts and agreements, asset and stock purchase transactions, loan transactions, and other business-related matters.
In 2015, Mr. Rouse was selected as a member of the prestigious Leadership San Antonio. He was selected in 2014 as the winner of the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. Additionally, he was named as one of SA Scene’s Outstanding Lawyers for Real Estate Transactions, Business & Corporate and Banking. In 2010 and 2011, Mr. Rouse was selected as a Scene in SA Rising Star in Corporate and Securities Law.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2008
- Phi Delta Phi
- Harlan Society
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 2005
- Major: Economics
- State of Texas, 2008
- 2014 winner of the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
- Best S.A. Lawyers 2018, San Antonio Scene, Banking & Real Estate Law
- Leadership San Antonio- Class XL
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Secretary, 2011 – 2012, 2012-2013
- San Antonio Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Young Texans Against Cancer
- St. Mary’s Law Alumni Association
- Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association
Cases & Publications
- “Negotiating Commercial Sale and Purchase Agreement,” Advanced Paralegal Seminar- October 3, 2013, San Antonio, Texas
- “Commercial Loans: What Do all of These Terms Mean? A Primer For Young Lawyers,” San Antonio Young Lawyers Association- July 21, 2015, San Antonio, Texas
Mr. Rouse was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas where he attended St. Mary’s Hall. He is married to Claire Dowler Rouse and enjoys watching the San Antonio Spurs and Baltimore Ravens, as well as playing golf.