About Elizabeth Kopecki Marker
Elizabeth Kopecki is a Shareholder in Langley & Banack’s Karnes City office. Since joining the firm in 2013, Ms. Kopecki’s practice has focused on landowner representation in litigation, transactional, and appellate matters involving oil, gas, and energy, title disputes, and questions regarding deed interpretation. This landowner oriented practice has provided Ms. Kopecki with extensive experience negotiating agreements on behalf of surface and mineral owners, including pipeline and road easements, oil and gas leases, and surface use agreements related to the development of the Eagle Ford Shale. In addition to her transactional practice, she has worked on numerous litigation matters concerning real property ownership, mineral rights, and oil and gas lease issues. Ms. Kopecki graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law, where she served on the Editorial Board of the St. Mary’s Law Journal and was inducted into the John M. Harlan Society.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2013
- Phi Delta Phi
- John M. Harlan Society
- St. Mary’s Law Journal, Research/Articles Editor
- Pro Bono Certificate
- Texas State University, B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 2009
- University Honors Program
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Outstanding Sophomore and Outstanding Senior
- The State of Texas, 2013
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas, 2018
- Karnes City Rotary Club
Cases & Publications
- “Protecting Oil & Gas Royalties During Bankruptcy,” Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section Report, Volume 44, Number 2: June 2020
- “Evolution of the Executive Right: From Bass to Texas Outfitters” (with Clinton Butler), Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section Report, Volume 43,: Number 3, September 2019
- Jenschke v. Claussen, No. 04-17-00132-CV, 2018 WL 733807 (Tex. App.—San Antonio Feb. 7, 2018, pet. denied).
- Dragon v. Harrell, No. 04-14-00711-CV, 2016 WL 1238165 (Tex. App.—San Antonio Mar. 30, 2016, pet. denied) (mem. op.).
- Saenz v. Saenz, No. 04-16-00588-CV, 2017 WL 2351101 (Tex. App.—San Antonio May 31, 2017, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Cash v. King, No. 04-16-00700-CV, 2017 WL 3701781 (Tex. App.—San Antonio Aug. 23, 2017, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Comment, Removal of Independent Executors: Examining the Standard in Texas after the Addition of “Material Conflict of Interest” to Section 149C of the Texas Probate Code, 44 ST. MARY’S L.J. 281 (2012).
Elizabeth Kopecki was born and raised in Wilson County, Texas. After graduating from Poth High School in 2006, Ms. Kopecki went on to earn an undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice from Texas State University in 2009, and a law degree from St. Mary’s University in 2013. In her free time, Ms. Kopecki enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.