Marc J. Schnall
- Residential Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 1974
Washington University in St. Louis, A.B., 1971
Honors: Cum Laude
The State of Texas, 1974
United States District Court Western District of Texas, 1976
United States Supreme Court, 1980
United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 1981
About Marc J. Schnall
Marc J. Schnall practices in the areas of real estate, municipal, business, corporate formation and transactions, and probate and estate planning. He is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Schnall has extensive experience in handling real estate and corporate transactions. He has represented buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders, landlords, and tenants in real estate matters and frequently represents clients from offer formation through post-closing of a transaction. His corporate and business law background benefits clients in entity formation and operation not only in real estate but also in business transaction matters. Mr. Schnall is currently the City Attorney for several municipalities in the San Antonio area. In addition, Mr. Schnall represents a number of health care providers in a variety of business, real estate, and medical practice matters and does probate and estate planning work.
Mr. Schnall has been selected by Woodward/White Best Lawyers in America as San Antonio’s Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” for 2013 and as a Best Lawyer in America in Real Estate for 2010-2014. Mr. Schnall was named “Citizen of the Year” by the City of Castle Hills, Texas, in 2006. He was recognized as a “Texas Super Lawyer” in Real Estate Law in 2003, 2004, and 2008-2013 by Thomson Reuters and as one of the Best Lawyers in San Antonio by Scene in SA Magazine in Real Estate Law in 2004 and 2007-2012, in Cities/Municipalities Law in 2011, and in Corporate and Securities Law in 2005-2007. In 2007, Mr. Schnall was also the top vote getter in Real Estate Law in the Scene in SA Magazine poll. He currently serves on both the Management Committee and Executive Committee of the Firm.
- Best Lawyers in America (Woodward and White), San Antonio Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2013
- Best Lawyers in America (Woodward and White), 2010-2014, Real Estate
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003-2004, 2008-2013, Real Estate
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio, 2004, 2007-2012, SA Scene magazine, Real Estate; 2011, Cities and Municipalities; 2005-2006, Corporate and Securities
- Citizen of the Year, Castle Hills, Texas, 2006
- Chairman, Zoning Commission, City of Castle Hills, Texas, 1999-2013; member, 1988-2013
- President, Congregation Agudas Achim, San Antonio, Texas, 1995-1996
- President, Board of Directors, Jewish Family and Children’s Service of San Antonio, a United Way agency, 1984-1986
- Member, Alumni Board of Governors, Washington University in St. Louis, 1997-1991
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Jewish Federation of San Antonio, 2012-present; member, Board of Directors, 1998-present
- Member, Board of Trustees, Keystone School, San Antonio, Texas, 2006-2012; Treasurer, 2008-2012
- Chairman, Grants Distribution Committee, Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies of San Antonio, 1999-present
Mr. Schnall was the chairman of the Zoning Commission of the City of Castle Hills from 1999-2013 and served on the Commission from 1987 to 2013. He is a past President of Congregation Agudas Achim of San Antonio and of Jewish Family Service of San Antonio. He presently serves on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of San Antonio and as Chairman of the Grants Distribution Committee of the Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies of San Antonio. He was a member of the Board of Trustees of The Keystone School, San Antonio, Texas, from 2006-2012. A past recipient of a Distinguished Alumni Certificate from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, Mr. Schnall served on the Alumni Board of Governors of Washington University from 1978-1991.