About Christopher T. Hodge
Chris Hodge is a Shareholder in Langley & Banack’s San Antonio Office. Mr. Hodge’s practice is focused primarily on Estates, Trusts, Fiduciary Litigation including will contests, trust contests, trust modifications, guardianships and contested estate and trust proceedings, as well as general Civil Litigation. In 2015, Mr. Hodge and Langley & Banack, along with co-counsel the Hartnett Law Firm, obtained the second largest jury verdict for Trust and Estate Litigation in Texas.
Mr. Hodge graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2002 with a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish. He thereafter obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2005 and has been with Langley & Banack since that time. While at St. Mary’s, Mr. Hodge was an Associate Editor on the St. Mary’s Law Journal and a member of the Phi Delta Phi academic fraternity.
In 2008 and 2009, Mr. Hodge was selected by his peers as a San Antonio Rising Star in SA Scene magazine. He was selected as a Best Lawyer in San Antonio in SA Scene in 2014, as well. In 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Mr. Hodge was named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuter’s Texas Super Lawyers in either Trust and Estate Litigation or General Civil Litigation.
In 2008 and 2009, Mr. Hodge was selected by his peers as a San Antonio Rising Star in SA Scene magazine. In 2009-2016, Mr. Hodge was named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers in either Trust and Estate Litigation or General Civil Litigation. He was selected as a Best Lawyer in San Antonio in SA Scene in 2014/2015, as well. He was named as a Top 40 Under 40 for 2016 by the San Antonio Business Journal and a 2017 Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star (published by Thomson Reuters) for Estate & Trust Litigation.
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- The Texas Exes Alumni Association, San Antonio Chapter
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- San Antonio Estate Planners Council
- San Antonio Quarterback Club
- Founder’s Council, Texas Biomedical Research Institute
Cases & Publications
- Speaker, Fiduciary Litigation Case Law Update, Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Seminar (2017)
- Speaker, Trust Basics 101, annual Texas Guardianship Association conference (2017)
- Speaker, 2016 Fiduciary Litigation Course in Houston Texas. Discussing the Poison Pills in Fiduciary Litigation and covering a range of defensive and strategic planning for fiduciary litigation cases involving trusts and estates.
- Speaker, Strategic Planning in Fiduciary Duty Cases, San Antonio Bar Association Brown Bag Lunch, Oct. 2016
- Author, Is Your Will Bullet-Proof After Death? Probably Not – But That’s Okay!!!, San Antonio Business Journal (2016)
- Speaker, Guardian Overview, The Chromosome 18: Registry & Research Society
- Author, Will & Trust Modifications, San Antonio Estate Planners Docket Call (2016)
- Co-Author, In’s and Out’s of Privilege in Probate and Trust Litigation, State Bar of Texas, 30th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course (2006)
- Editor, Litigation Involving Fiduciaries: Trial Handbook 2009, Probate and Trust Edition, State Bar of Texas, Annual Advances Estate Planning and Probate Course (2009)