About George H. Spencer, Jr.
Mr. Spencer has decades of experience in handling a wide variety of civil cases in both state and federal courts, with first chair jury trials to verdict in lawsuits ranging from RICO to wrongful death, from breach of fiduciary duty to rock quarry nuisance, and from legal malpractice to scope of insurance coverage. He is also active in representing attorneys in State Bar grievance matters and, on occasion, has assisted in prosecuting such complaints.
- St. Mary’s University of San Antonio, J.D. with distinction, 1977
- Princeton University, A.B. 1973
- Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1984
- State Bar of Texas, 1977
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate
- Best Lawyers in America (published by Woodward and White), 1995 to Present
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Texas Super Lawyer (published by Thomson Reuters) 2003 to Present
- 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Legal Malpractice Law, State of Texas, Best Lawyers in America
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Distinguished Graduate, 2017
- AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member
Mr. Spencer, a life-long San Antonian, is married to the Hon. Polly Jackson Spencer, a senior probate judge; they have four adult children and two grandchildren. He has been active as a director or trustee of many local not-for-profit organizations and is currently serving as a director of NAMI, San Antonio. He and Polly are members of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, where he serves as Senior Warden.