Moulton S. Dowler, Jr.
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1968
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1972
- The State of Texas, 1972
- United States District Court Western District of Texas, 1976
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- United States Supreme Court, 1982
About Moulton S. Dowler, Jr.
Moulton Dowler has a very broad-based civil practice with emphasis on family law and general litigation. Mr. Dowler’s family law practice has involved all aspects of family law, including divorce, enforcement of property division, enforcement of child support, and modification of custody and child support, as well as pre-marital agreements and post-marital agreements. Mr. Dowler has extensive experience in negotiating and litigating family law issues and also practices in the area of collaborative law.
In regard to other civil litigation, Mr. Dowler has represented companies and individuals from many different personal and business contexts from both the plaintiff’s and defendant’s perspective and practices in the State and Federal court systems.
Before becoming more focused on areas of practice involving litigation, Mr. Dowler represented clients in substantial corporate and real estate transactions which provided a business-oriented background that is often very helpful in litigation. He has often had success in resolving cases through mediation. Through the years, Mr. Dowler has developed very close professional relationships with many clients and has been fortunate to have had representations which have extended beyond twenty years with numbers clients.
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio, SA Scene magazine, 2003 – present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- San Antonio Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, 2003 – 2006 Board of Directors
- Gallery of the McNay Museum, 1989 – 1996, Board Member & President
- Alamo Heights Little League, 1988 – 1996, Coach, Board Member & President
- Vestry of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Past Executive Committee Member and Chancellor
- Law Day for San Antonio Bar Association, Chairman
- City of Terrell Hills, Texas, 1985 – 1988, Judge
- City of Terrell Hills, Texas, 1980 – 1984, Prosecutor
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
Mr. Dowler is married to the former Pamela Morton of San Antonio, Texas, and is the father of two daughters, Emily and Claire, and one grandson, Preston. He has resided in San Antonio, Texas for over thirty years and has been active in the leadership of his church and in community leadership positions involving Little League, museum support and municipal governance. Mr. Dowler has served as one of twenty elected board members of Meritas, an international affiliation of approximately 200 law firms with approximately 5,000 individual attorney members. As an avocation, he enjoys fiction writing and, further, enjoys travel, reading and outdoor recreational activities.