Emerson Banack, Jr. (Buddy)
University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, LL.B., 1965
University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.B.A., 1961
- The State of Texas, 1965
- United States District Court Western District of Texas, 1967
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 1972
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas, 1979
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 1981
About Emerson Banack, Jr. (Buddy)
Emerson (Buddy) Banack, Jr., was admitted to practice law in 1965. He is a trial lawyer whose trial practice experience is extensive and varied. Mr. Banack has represented numerous governmental entities, corporations, businesses, individuals, physicians, lawyers, engineers and architects in malpractice cases, products liability cases, negligence cases and business litigation. During the last several years, he has practiced primarily in the field of business and corporate litigation and defense of large malpractice cases as well as anti-trust litigation. Due to the type of practice that Mr. Banack is currently engaged in, he represents both plaintiffs and defendants.
Listed as one of the “Best Lawyers” since 1993.
State Bar of Texas, Member
San Antonio Bar Association, Member
Federal Bar Association, Member
San Antonio Bar Foundation, Member
Cases & Publications
- Witness Preparation and Direct Examination: Discovery and Trial, State Bar of Texas Evidence and Discovery Techniques Seminar
- Examination of Experts, South Texas College of Law Advanced Civil Litigation Seminar
- Witness Preparation, State Bar of Texas 12th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course
- San Antonio Advanced Civil Trial Course: “Lions of Litigation: Lessons I Learned”
Buddy Banack has been named a Texas Super Lawyer in Business Litigation for the Central and West regions of Texas from 2003 to present. He has also been named as one of The Best Lawyers in America for over 15 years. Mr. Banack was named by his peers as a Super Lawyer in Business Litigation for the State of Texas in Super Lawyer’s Corporate Counsel edition in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 and as one of the Best Lawyers in San Antonio in Scene in SA magazine since 2004. He is also a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. In 2009, he was named the Best Lawyers In America’s Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year for San Antonio. Most recently, he was named the 2012 Best Lawyers in America Lawyer of the Year for Construction Litigation for San Antonio.